Dave and Busters
Price Paid: $59 (Two)
Day/Time: Tuesday Night
Even though I don’t live very far from Dave and Busters, I’d never been there before. The atmosphere is ad-advertised, a mostly-adult playground full of food, liquor, video games, and other arcade fair. We passed on the appetizers, although appealing, and ordered some drinks. My long island iced tea seemed a little diluted, but my girlfriend enjoyed her malibu and diet coke. She reordered another drink, I didn’t.
For dinner, I wasn’t in the mood for anything too extravagant, so I tried their philly cheesesteak. In fairness, it was simply adequate. Served in a garden variety club roll with mushrooms, peppers, and onions, it seemed like something I could easily rival at home with minute steaks and a pack of Amoroso rolls. The french fries were tasty, albeit slightly cold.
My girlfriend ordered the black jack BBQ chicken, an appealing set of grilled chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, and sautéed green beans. The chicken was well-cooked with near-perfect grilling marks and a flavorful sauce that was not overbearing. The green beans may have sautéed a little longer than they’d like, but the mashed potatoes were excellent and balanced the meal well.
The service seemed rushed, but there were no specific complaints. Of note is that the price of the meal included (2) $20 “Game Cards” that let you play in the ‘Midway’ arcade section. The credits lasted about an hour of regular, non-compulsive gameplay and seemed like a more than reasonable inclusion to the cost of the dinner.
– Arcade offers different dimension to post/pre dinner entertainment
– Game card combo seemed like a decent discount compared to regular prices
– Inconsistent quality food
– $60 tab is by no means cheap for two
Our Score: 3.55 Chews
Have you been to this Dave and Busters? If so, please add your rating!
(Limited to 1 Vote per IP Address.)
Last 7 posts by Chewru Guru
- King of Steaks - West Deptford, NJ - May 6th, 2012
- Redstone American Grill - Marlton, NJ - May 6th, 2012
- Firehouse Subs - Kansas City, KS - April 22nd, 2012
- Woodbury Station Cafe - Woodbury, NJ - March 10th, 2012
- El Camino Real - Kansas City, KS - February 24th, 2012
- Fred's - Sausalito, CA - December 25th, 2011
- China House - Woodbury, NJ - November 1st, 2011